Go to the nearest police station or if there is an emergency call 911
- If you are within the city limits of a city go to the city police department. For example, if in Branson go to the Branson Police Department. If you are in Hollister go to the Hollister Police Department.
- If you are outside of the city limits go to the Taney County Sheriff’s Department.
- If you are not sure whether you are in the city limits or not call 911 or the police departments listed below and law enforcement officers will come to you or take note of where the crime has been committed and go to the nearest police station or the Taney County Sheriff’s Department.
Taney County Sheriff’s Department
132 David Street
Forsyth, Missouri 65653
Hollister Police Department
101 Gage St
Hollister, MO 65672
Rockaway Beach Police Department
160 Benton Ave.
Rockaway Beach, MO 65740
Branson Police Department
110 W. Maddux, Suite 100
Branson, Mo 65616
Forsyth Police Department
15405 US Highway 160
Forsyth, MO 65653
WHAT TO TELL THE POLICE
- When giving a police report be very detailed and tell them everything you remember about the person, incident or situation.
- Background facts may be important so share them briefly and allow the officer to ask questions.
- Give information about where the suspects lives or works if known to you.
- Do not guess. If you do not remember what something or someone looked like just say you don’t remember.
- Tell the police if you feel you are in imminent danger.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- If you feel you are in immediate danger find somewhere safe. Go to a shelter or a family or friends home. If your situation meet the requirements, you may wish to seek an Order of Protection through the circuit court.
- If you learn any information after making your initial police report, report the additional information to the police.
- You may be contacted by the prosecutor’s office regarding charges that have been filed. You may be subpoenaed to testify as to what you have seen or been through.
- It is important to be cooperative with the police and prosecutor’s office for the protection of you and citizens of the community.