Go to the nearest police station or if there is an emergency call 911
- If you are within the city limits of a city go to the city police department. For example, if in Branson, go to the Branson Police Department. If you are in Hollister, go to the Hollister Police Department.
- If you are outside of the city limits, go to the Taney County Sheriff’s Department.
- If you are not sure whether you are in the city limits or not, call 911 or the police departments listed below and law enforcement officers will come to you or take note of where the crime has been committed and go to the nearest police station or the Taney County Sheriff’s Department.
Taney County Sheriff’s Office
266 Main Street
Forsyth, Missouri 65653
Hollister Police Department
240 Hollister Pointe Drive
Hollister, MO 65672
Rockaway Beach Police Department
2762 State Highway 176
Rockaway Beach, MO 65740
Branson Police Department
110 W. Maddux, Suite 100
Branson, MO 65616
Forsyth Police Department
15405 US Highway 160
Forsyth, MO 65653
WHAT TO TELL THE POLICE
- When giving a police report be very detailed and tell them everything you remember about the person, incident, or situation.
- Background facts may be important, so share them briefly and allow the officer to ask questions.
- Give information about where the suspect lives or works, if known to you.
- Do not guess. If you do not remember something or what someone looked like, just say you don’t remember.
- Tell the police if you feel you are in imminent danger.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Find somewhere safe if you feel you are in immediate danger, such as a shelter or a family member’s or friend’s home. If your situation meet the requirements, you may wish to seek an Order of Protection through the courts.
- If you learn any information after making your initial police report, report the additional information to the police.
- You may be contacted by the Prosecutor’s Office regarding charges that have been filed. You may be subpoenaed to testify as to what you have seen or been through.